Region 16 Comprehensive Center is thrilled to announce our first cohort of Co-design fellows. The Co-designing with Families and Communities Fellowship is a year-long cohort of educational leaders committed to systems change. These leaders are shifting the power dynamics between school systems and the youth, families, and communities they serve.
Cohort One teams are already fostering community partnerships and are poised to take them farther. These teams represent all levels of our education ecosystem. Cohort One serves school districts from Alaska’s Matanuska-Susitna Valley to Washington’s Mount Adams and Oregon’s North Wasco County.
Cohort One comprises teams from the following districts, agencies, and organizations:
- Alaska Native Heritage Center — Anchorage, AK
- City of Seattle’s Department of Education & Early Learning — Seattle, WA
- Columbia Gorge Educational Service District — The Dalles, OR
- La Conner School District — La Conner, WA
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District — Palmer, AK
- Mount Adams School District — White Swan, WA
- Sealaska Heritage Institute — Juneau, AK
- Washington Department of Children, Youth, and Families — Bellevue, WA
- Willamette Education Services District — Salem, OR
These teams will co-design outcomes with families and communities such as culturally sustaining programming, family engagement policies, and equity advisory teams. We’ll be sharing regular updates on how fellowship teams are navigating their co-design journey. Stay tuned to learn more about this opportunity for educational leaders.