Would you like to join an innovative startup supporting education agencies throughout Alaska, Washington, and Oregon? Are you an advocate of education and closing the opportunity gap? Do you have excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills? We’re looking for someone just like you to join our growing team! Learn more about this opening below, and read the full description and apply at bit.ly/r16ccadminassist.
Our newest opening is based out of Juneau or Anchorage, Alaska. The administrative assistant will collaborate with the Region 16 Operation Project Managers and regional partners and report to Region 16 Comprehensive Center Director Bernie Sorenson.
Position duties and responsibilities include:
- Support and assist program staff in preparing Memorandums of Agreement (MOAs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), contracts, data entry, training materials and resources.
- Arrange for travel as requested including setting itineraries, purchasing tickets, maintaining travel logs, and processing all travel paperwork.
- Prepare, edit with accuracy, and distribute: correspondence for final signature; reports; databases; meeting minutes; training materials; and, other documents as needed.
- Assist with and help to maintain office files, office forms, staff files, project records and mailing lists. Build, organize, and maintain accurate databases, records, and submit reports, as required.
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of R16CC’s electronic file structure through Google Drive.
- Assist with gathering data and preparing for submission of program evaluations and reports.
- Assist in note taking and summarizing of regularly scheduled meetings.
- Provide technical assistance to staff in developing databases and other record keeping systems.
- Coordinate delivery and pick-up of needed documents/files.
- Prioritize tasks and develop procedures to complete all assignments in the timeliest manner possible.
- Maintain a courteous and professional image.
Position qualifications and competencies include:
- Embody and practice an equity mindset.
- Experience working with sovereign Tribal Nations or Alaska Native communities and awareness of Native education.
- Experience working with various executive-level teams across a remote work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent and two years post-secondary business, technical, or college course work. Associate degree preferred.
- Five years’ experience with activities related to Administrative Assistant responsibilities.
- Ability to work with people from diverse educational, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interest and ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed worker with strong initiative and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and analytical skills.