Are you or have you been a public school teacher in Alaska? Do you want to support school improvement and student achievement in schools statewide? We’re looking for five contractors just like you to join our growing team! Learn more about this opening below, and read the full description and apply at bit.ly/r16ccempowermentspecialist.
The empowerment specialists will work with Region 16 Comprehensive Center and the Department of Education and Early Development to support the intensive needs of a Comprehensive Support and Improvement (CSI) school. Specialists will support district leadership, school leadership and teachers, and community members by implementing the Four Domains for Rapid School Improvement The position has the opportunity to renew annually and will be contracted for a minimum of 40 hours per month. The anticipated start date is August 9, 2021.
POSITION EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
- Develop strong, positive relationships with the team, leadership, and communities.
- Design and deliver online and in-person trainings.
- Provide leadership in developing measurable and intentional goals tied to academic achievement and the goals of the project.
- Support the needs of the community assigned through the development and implementation of evidence-based reading and literacy programs with the goal of all students reading at grade level by the end of Grade 3.
- Assist school leaders in aligning local curriculum and assessments with Alaska State Standards.
- Infuse the community and cultural standards into the service components, training, and school improvement plan.
- Build standard operating procedures with leadership teams to support rigorous, high-quality, and evidence-based instruction.
- Foster a positive school climate and learning environment that is attentive to local culture and a culture of learning.